MK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need a few advice hehe

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

need a few advice hehe - Page 2 Empty Re: need a few advice hehe

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 8:10 am

Admin wrote:I agree that you should try other factions.

DC is not that too far a departure from Atlantis but the power creep and similarity might turn you off in the long run.

I suggest the Elemental Freeholds route. They have a good mix of melee and Solid shooters. Let's not forget the all-powerful "Pyresphere" that is a thorn to most armies now. Spell casters are also cheap and in terms of cavalry... well.. Sky dracs... what's not to love?

I agree this will be faction dat will prove to be a thorn in a lot of armies of today Very Happy

they also have hitting power, handy spells, very good range attackers, cheap yet able casters not to mention a relic dat goes by da name mask of myteries brother Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mageprince23 Thu May 22, 2014 8:50 am

Haha my problem is that I don't have any haha not even a single slotted figure  Razz 
Mageprince23
Mageprince23

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 23, 2014 5:40 pm

Perhaps we should start with what you currently have then :-)
You've got some dracs right?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://mkpinoy.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 4:36 am

Perhaps we should start with what you currently have then :-)
You've got some dracs right?

I would agree with the master... start with what you have.

who knows maybe you can solve the current problem for the monstrous lizards!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mageprince23 Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:09 am

Now that I chose the high elves as my second faction to love I want to know their ups and down and how to use them, and another thing, which figs are good to use in an EL army?
Mageprince23
Mageprince23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:51 pm

pros
-low point cost able attackers
-nice range/ striking distance
-respectable damage output due to spirit armor
-usable SAC combination IE bound+pierce, quickness+ram
-destructive spells IE firestorm, words of refusal and hieraman host.
-nice support
-lots of bounders
-usable relics
-lots of healers

cons
-high point cost for nons (compared to other factions)
-low attack rating (for my standards)
-average speed
-some better SAC combinations are in the middle of the dial

those are just the one dats on the top of my head i'll just add some once come up with some more.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:05 pm

They also have access to really cool relics.

The Forefront relic of course is the spirit armor. We all know how deadly it is and beneficial to the rest of the Elven Lord army be it range or melee. It's truly an Assassin type relic that can be used over and over again.

Another interesting situational relic is the "Shield of the Elven Gods". A 37 point relic that gives you +1 attack and +2 defense is really standard as relics go but the ability to remove from the game any figure within 8in with the word: "Lich, Revenant, Shade, Skeleton, Specter, Wraith, or Zombie is even better. It's somewhat the Elven Lord's version of the "pyresphere" illusion for the Elemental Freeholds. It's a one time Special action that comes at the cost of the wielder being eliminated.The Card itself is relatively cheap.

Best execution is to place the wielder on a Chariot so one can move far with the chariot and execute the special action at the end of the movement. With enough actions you can also Rodeo trick it with Herald Calianthia.

Even if you don't face a summon/necro/darkcrusader build, the relic stats bonus is worth the investment.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:52 pm

Take note of everything posted here, you'll learn a lot from the tips and tricks they give out...

for me, just don't forget the basics of any army and strategy... it's how you execute them.. plan ahead and make contingency plans. We have done pretty good so far given any situation right? don't change what works Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mageprince23 Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:56 pm

He he thanks for all the tips
Mageprince23
Mageprince23

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:36 pm

There's still more. But as the Samurai saying goes: The Best teacher is the "actual wielding of the Sword".
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mageprince23 Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:38 pm

Finally got my hands on tazia and kem.. I was wondering if the apoc faction are good? And what I need to build some crazy armies around them...

He he just to revive the thread Smile
Mageprince23
Mageprince23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:05 am

get the apoc priests from the prize pool!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mageprince23 Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:35 am

How much for the priest? Think I'm going to get it later after I finished all my debts hehe
Mageprince23
Mageprince23

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:56 pm

No worries and no rush.
need a few advice hehe - Page 2 Horsemenavataurs2

For the Apoc, the 4 Apoc riders are not an immediate requirement. Expensive and hard to get.
Focus should be placed more on getting the minions. need a few advice hehe - Page 2 7f756bcb3481db56650768cc5fc0cf50 Nope not these minions.

The beauty of the Apoc faction is in the consistency in the attack rating. Try to get as much figures with this subfaction ability:
Minions of Apocalypse
BEDLAM No figure within 10” of this warrior may use gang up.
(optional) When given a close or ranged combat action, this warrior
may use the unmodified attack value of any Minions of Apocalypse
figure on the battlefield instead of its own attack value.

need a few advice hehe - Page 2 132502
The highest contributor of the attack rating is the Dark Berseker with it's 11 base attack rating. Passing along the 11 attack rating to Kem Ravenbane would bring Kem to the 14 attack rating close combat equal to that of Vextha and Varatrix! The beauty of Bedlam is that it affects the whole dial of all the other figs and is not as destructive to the figure as the "DARKMARCH" subfaction ability of the Shyft. The Problem with the Dark Berserker is it's High Point Cost. 126 points is dicey. It's too big a point cost to just lay back at the starting area and at the same time it's too an expensive choice to  only have it cut down by your opponents as it tries to attack Forward in the Front lines. A more budget friendly version would be this guy:

need a few advice hehe - Page 2 132536
The Hawk Guardian may not have the 11 attack rating to pass around but it's decent with the 10 attack rating and the "budget" friendly 75 points. You can afford to have two of these in an army in place of the Dark Berserker for our 500 point games. They also happen to be able to bound forward and deal 4 range damage on the fly in case somebody tries to get too close. The Most FUN and the deadliest tool in an Apocalypse arsenal has got to be this spell:

need a few advice hehe - Page 2 119167
"Rite of the Bleak Horn"
Without a shadow of a doubt, this spell is simply AWESOME!!!
It gives all your apocalypse figure CHARGE. This saves you from the need to take a click of damage with surging. In a 500Pt army build, the Most advantageous perk is the +2 attack rating to "capture attempts". This is important as you can actually cast 2 more of these to Totally negate the -3 penalty to capture attempt Rolls and even get a bonus +3. If you have enough points free though? you're better off to add this:

need a few advice hehe - Page 2 123933
MIDNIGHT WATCH. This card will now allow your Hostage taking killers to tame even the Wildest Frenzied brutes. Which is interestingly in queue with the Apocalypse Faction's Lore. They don't suck the life out of you like the Dark Crusaders. Nope they would rather keep you whole and POSSESS you through and through...

I mean they are so good at it to the point that they can POSSESS an already POSSESSED being.
need a few advice hehe - Page 2 110489 into need a few advice hehe - Page 2 132574

The thing that I like about this faction is that they are so very very very BADASS!!!. They don't cower into calling up undead to do their dirty work for them. No explosions of any sort. No super Long Range shooters. No 20 base defense stats. They just get to your face and outright rip it of ya!!! These guys are literally all about ending the World and that's it.

Too bad the Apocalypse Dragon is a magespawn and not an Apocalypse Figure though... Would have been cool.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mageprince23 Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:54 pm

I think the hawk guardian would be good.. and for the bleak horn he he I already have 2 of it... for now I need some low point and support figs, and a caster to hehe
Mageprince23
Mageprince23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:03 pm

warriorjex wrote:I think the hawk guardian would be good.. and for the bleak horn he he I already have 2 of it... for now I need some low point and support figs, and a caster to hehe

lo cost support fig i would suggested as mentioned above fear priest or the *** cult enforcer they are around 30+ points. with dark berserker present they will become a force. oh did i mention they also have bedlam Very Happy

another viable option are either the mummy drac and possessed drac. with the bleekhorn in play they will be hard to deal with!

primary thing dat u need to have as well are spell casters the one dat come to mind are Nala, arwyn and katalkus not sure if contri's a wand type.

other viable options dat i tink would be rino's jimmy santos (guardian sphinx) hi def always have a place in my arsenal Very Happy

just my 2 cents Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mageprince23 Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:40 am

I have nala..., but I think contri is better he he... and I will run for now the AE ,DC and EL factions
Mageprince23
Mageprince23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum